Using your phone to withdraw money from ATM without ATM card is now made possible.
You can withdraw money from Nigerian banks’ ATM without using your cards through the help of Paycode.
Paycode is 10-14 digits code which can be used to get money from ATM terminals or used for payments on the POS at Merchant locations. A Paycode can be generated using your bank’s Paycode USSD code (Click here for the list of Nigerian Banks USSD codes). It can also be generated from your eWallet via the Verve World website, App or USSD.
You will be charged the sum of N100 per transaction when you use Paycode to withdraw money from ATM. While the use of pay code at the POS is free of charge.
If your phone is not connected to the internet, simply dial Paycode USSD number *322*8*Amount# to generate a pay code. The phone number must be the one you registered with your bank (The number you have been using to receive bank alerts and other notifications from your bank). You can as well generate pay code by dialing your bank USSD.
How To Withdraw Cash From The ATM Using Pay Code:
1. Go to any ATM near you, Press Any Key to start.
2. Select Paycode CashOut from the options display.
3. Enter your Paycode numbers (which has been generated on your phone, using your bank USSD code); it’s usually between 8 to 14 digits. You can generate Paycode through your bank USSD. Example, GTBank USSD code is *737# and GTBank pay code is *737*13# Simply dial your bank USSD code on your phone and check the displayed lists for pay code. On the ATM, after selecting Paycode Cashout, enter the code you generated using your bank USSD on your phone.
4. Enter your Cashout Pin; it is four digits numbers.
5. Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw, and ATM will dispense the money for you.
6. Collect your money and leave.
How To Shear Your Pay Code With Family or Friends:
After generating pay code using your phone, the Send via SMS option that comes up means you can share your pay code with your family and friends by entering the recipient’s phone number or choosing the number from your phone contact list. The Paycode will be sent to the recipient as SMS. However, before they can successfully cash out money with the generated code, you have to call or text them your Cash-Out Pin
Paycode generated for ATM use is valid for 24 hours while pay code generated for POS expires after 15 minutes.