Etisalat Nigeria on Tuesday confirmed it has changed its name to 9mobile. The confirmation was contained in a statement by the company’s Chief Executive Officer, Boye Olusanya.
He said: “Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Limited (EMTS), which previously traded as ‘Etisalat Nigeria’ wishes to inform its over 20 million subscribers, government, regulatory agencies and all relevant stakeholder groups that the telecommunication company has changed its name to 9mobile as a further testament of our unwavering commitment to ensuring business continuity as Nigeria’s fourth largest telecom operator.”
Olusanya said the name represents its heritage and its evolution over [...]
Etisalat Nigeria has launched a period based time-base mobile data solution called BlazeOn which will empower Internet users in Nigeria to know how much mobile data they utilized while browsing or streaming.
BlazeOn, an Android streaming App accessible to Etisalat customers, was launched in association with Comptel Corporation.
The launch marked the start of another involvement in mobile data usage for subscribers on the Etisalat network.
The Director, Consumer Segment, Etisalat Nigeria, AdeoluDairo, said, “Most internet users in Nigeria don’t know how much mobile data they consume while browsing or streaming. BlazeOn, our time-based data plan addresses this [...]
Access Bank Plc and other Nigerian banks assumed control over the administration of Etisalat Nigeria, effective June 15 after an extended $1.2 billion obligation impasse. Other moneylenders in the advance arrangement are Zenith Bank, GTBank, First Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Ecobank, FCMB, Stanbic IBTC Bank and Union Bank.
Lending bankers yesterday assumed control Telecommunications company and in this way declared changes in the shareholding structure of the organization. While it is sure that there will be some job losses and possible administration changes, there are additional worries in the industry over the fate of the 20 million customers on [...]
The Nigerian Senate is working to halt the proposed increase in data plan price which has been scheduled to commence from the 1st of December 2016. This is coming after we informed you how bad Nigerians reacted to the news about the proposed increase in data plan price.
Now the Senate President, Bukola Saraki said working is already on-going on means to stop the new tariff regime. He said this on his social media platform on Wednesday. When asked by Enough Is Enough Nigeria, the Senate President said: “Already working on this…” Also, Senator Ben Murray Bruce representing Bayelsa east senatorial district said that he is ready to fight to the end on the proposed data [...]